World of Warcraft is probably the biggest MMORPG still. After the launch of Classic, we announced that WoW was able to double their active subscriber numbers. This was insane because after all even though World of Warcraft is 15 years old, it shows how people still love to play it. There are not many games with that much of history. Also when we are taking a look at the bigger picture it shows how much players WoW lost in the last years. Battle for Azeroth was not that good and players simply dropped out. However, with Shadowlands WoW developers Blizzard will try to change this negative image. Especially after the disaster release of Warcraft 3 reforged players want the old Blizzard back.
So World of Warcraft Shadowlands is a very unique change to the game. We have Sylvanas in the center of everything once again. There will be many changes coming with the new expansion as well. The long-rumored Level Squish might come with this expansion and it will be very interesting to see how Blizzard can apply it into the game. Currently, the maximum level cap is 120, but Blizzard wants to drop it to 60. This is a bit extreme. However, maybe Blizzard wants to do this in order to keep the leveling system similar to World of Warcraft Classic which has the same level cap with 60.
Another change that will come with the Shadowlands is the upcoming class changes. The classes in World of Warcraft changed so much since the beginning of the game. Honestly, at some point, every class got nerfed and later balanced again so here are the expected changes to the classes with the upcoming Shadowlands expansion. Remember these changes are not final yet, nor the full set of changes.
- Auras will return for Paladins.
- Totems will return for Shamans.
- Poisons will return for Rogues.
- Curses will return for Warlocks.
- Raise Dead and Death Coil will return for Death Knights.
- Frost Shock will return for Shamans.
- Consecration will return for Paladins.
- Ursol’s Vortex will return for Druids.
- Shiv will return for Rogues.
Covenants will be coming with Shadowlands as well. These are factions that players can choose during the Shadowlands expansion. This will be one of the biggest decisions that players need to make during the expansion. There are 4 covenants to choose from, each covenant is important and will give players additional covenant specific abilities and etc. These are the covenants.
- The Kyrian Covenant of Bastion governs over souls that served a life of service, offering them a chance to look over their past deeds and seek ascension to become a Kyrian themselves.
- The Necrolords of Maldraxxus governs over battle-hardened souls and rewards strength, while weaker souls become fuel for Maldraxxus’ cosmic weapons. Those who are deem determined quickly rise to positions of power.
- The Night Fae of Ardenweald accepts those with a deep connection to nature, using of the Anima in the Shadowlands to infuse slumbering spirits with the knowledge of old and preparing them for rebirth.
- The Venthyr of Revendreth take over souls that were flawed or prideful in life, but can still obtain redemption. The Venthyr punishes those who lived a life of sin, determining if they are worthy of redemption in the Shadowlands. – Source: WoWHead